Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Sunshine Award

I was so surprised and touched to see that I had received The Sunshine Award from Maureen at Wisconsin Mommy. Maureen is my cousin and we are only a few months apart in age.  We spent many holidays together, and I often wonder what it felt like for my family of seven to invade the home of her family of three!  Fast forward a "few" years to present day - Maureen moved out to Wisconsin when she married her husband, so we haven't seen each other in TOO MANY years.  But thanks to technology, we've been able to keep in touch and see what's going on in each other's lives.  Hopefully we'll have occasion to get together soon - I know that our boys would get along great!  Maureen is Mom to adorable "Little J", former teacher, current part-time stay at home mom/part-time instructional coach, with a lot of great tips on parenting and ways to save some money. Head on over and she might have a give-away that's right up your alley!

The Sunshine Award comes with a few rules:

1. Put the award on your blog and/or within your post.
2. Pass the award on to twelve (12) bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received the award.



So here goes the passing of the sunshine...


  1. Jessica from The Entertaining House and The Entertaining Kitchen.  Jessica is a mom of three, a fabulous writer, great cook, fashionista, and photographer.  She has loads of great stories about her childhood, and some DELICIOUS recipes.  All told with her witty sense of humor.
  2. Marie from Everyday Matters.  Marie is also a mom of three and runs a day care in her home.  She has many creative ideas of things to do with kids.  And the love for her children is glaringly obvious in her posts! And like me she joined a CSA for the first time this year, and gets excited every week to see what she gets.
  3. JoAnna from No Expectations.  Mom of 4 under 5, military wife, Doula, someone who will travel the ends of the earth for a friend in need.  She doesn't make it all sound easy, but she gets it done and done well.  Someone I wish I could get know in real life.  
  4. Jenn from Crossing the Prairie.  Mom of three - two adopted from Ethiopia - and military wife.  She has a love of family and love of cooking that inspires me.  She's a fellow gardener, though I'm pretty sure her garden trumps mine!  And she makes her own cheese - need I say more?
  5. Tamra from Today's Modern Mother.  Tamra recently gave birth to her seventh child!  She's a homeschooling, cloth diapering, breastfeeding Mama. She's also a talented photographer. 
  6. Girlsmom (don't think she has her name on her blog) from Growing With the Girls  Mom to two adorable little girls, massage therapist, and brave northern soul who lives where it was still snowing in June! 

4 comments:

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

I always loved having you guys over! It never felt like an "invasion" :) We DO need to get together - our boys would have a blast.

Joanna said...

You're so sweet, Jean. Thank you :)

Jen said...

I'm such a spaz - sorry it took me so long to thank you! So, thanks!!

girlsmom said...

Jenn, I am worse! I just saw it today! I have been neglecting all blogs, mine and others. That's because it is summer. And it is short. I have a very long winter to enjoy blog reading!

Thanks Jean!