Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Boys of Summer

The boys are spending a lot of time in our stream this summer.  Actually, I think it might be a brook.  I finally looked up the definitions on dictionary.com, and brook seems to be a smaller flow of water.  Frankly I'm surprised it took so long for it to be discovered - though not so surprised that LW was the first to check it out.  I'm thankful that I bought them both sandals that are made to get wet, and that I've broken LW's addiction to socks (at least while he's wearing sandals).   Some days, they each soak/dirty a couple of outfits in the stream.  But that's OK - it keeps them occupied, and I get to do a little work in the garden while still able to keep an eye on them.  We're guessing that LW will be the first to bring us some creature that he captured in the stream, such as a frog.

4 comments:

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

YES!!!! I can finally leave a comment!!!

Looks like your boys are having a blast!

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

YES!!!! I can finally leave a comment!!!

Looks like your boys are having a blast!

Marie said...

That looks like so much fun for them!

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

How gorgeous! You have an award to collect at http://www.wisconsinmommy.com/2010/07/i-was-very-flattered-to-receive.html Hugs!